- Season the pot roast generously with salt and freshly ground pepper. Dust evenly and lightly with the flour.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, and add the olive oil. Once shimmering, add the pot roast and sear on all sides.
- Remove to the slow cooker, and then add the beef broth to the pan and deglaze any brown bits.
- Pour the beef broth liquid into the slow cooker and add the remaining ingredients, seasoning with a bit more salt and pepper.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours. Remove from slow cooker and slice into pieces and serve.
MORE: Roast Chicken with Apples